The Construction Safety Officer training program is delivered in partnership with Safety Central. This program will train students to ensure workers are following established policies and safety regulations of a job site. A Construction Safety Officer may take on additional roles and responsibilities, but their primary job is helping to create safer work sites. They develop, implement, and enforce policies that reduce the risk of accidents. They will also determine what policies are needed and how they will be enforced.
In this program communication skills are emphasized. Students will learn and practice the ability to record, track and communicate required statistics and due diligence evidence. They will also learn to record site activities and produce reports capable of tracking person-hours, injury statistics, site orientations, accident investigations, safety meeting minutes, toolbox talks and risk assessments.
This course is taught by Steve Gordy of Safety Central. Steve Gordy has over thirty years experience in the fields of health and safety. He has been a CSO since 2007 and has worked as a safety manager for several projects.
He holds several safety designations, including his CRSP. He has developed the CSO program under the guidance of the ASTTBC.
- Vancouver Building Bylaw
- Workers Compensation Act
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- BC Fire Code
- Responsibilities of all parties are discussed and prevention activities to meet the duties of responsible persons are explained,
- Health and Safety Programs
- Conducting Risk Assessments
- Writing Safe Work Procedures
- Instructing and Training
- New and Young Worker Orientations
- Performing Site Inspections
- Managing Injury Reports
- Accident Investigations
- Confined Space Procedures
- De-energization and Lockout
- Excavations and Shoring
- Fall Protection
- Concrete Construction
- Electrical Safety
- Cranes and Hoists
- Traffic Control
- Emergency Response Planning
- 19 years of age
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- One year of experience on a construction job site (Recommended but not required)
- 2 weeks, 10-days
- 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday
- English (A strong command of written and spoken English)
- Upon successful completion of this program students will receive a Construction Safety Officer Certificate from Safety Central who has written and developed this program. This program is recognized by the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)
- Surrey and Burnaby
- $1,600 + GST
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of registration and the balance is due 10 business days before the start of the course.
|Construction Safety Officer (Monday to Friday) – February 27 – March 10, 2022 – Burnaby||Burnaby Campus (5151 Canada Way, Unit 100, Burnaby, BC V5E 3N1)||
If a 50% deposit is paid at the time of registration, the balance will be due 10 business days before the course starts. (more…)