The First Aid Instructor Professional Responder Discipline is a Canadian Red Cross course that prepares instructors to teach advanced and pre-hospital care courses. Candidates will take the knowledge learned in previous First Aid teaching courses and apply that to the Red Cross First Aid program.
Certified Instructors will be able to teach Basic Life Support, First Responder, Advanced First Aid, Marine Advanced First Aid and/or Emergency Medical Responder.
Candidates will be required to complete the following steps (all included in the courses):
Step 1 – Skills Evaluation and Pre-Requisite Verification
Step 2 – Fundamentals of Instruction – This is required prior to registering for the Professional Responder Discipline Specific Course. Contact us directly if you require this step.
Step 3 – Discipline Specific CLASSROOM Component
Step 4 – Teaching Experience
A – Teaching Experience ONLINE Component (Approximately 1 hour of self learning)
B – Teaching Experience IN CLASS Component (Varies by candidate – Max of 3 Attempts)
Step 5 – Certification
- Classroom Components – 20 hours
- Self Directed Learning – Approximately 1 hours
- Teaching Experience – Varies
- Hold a current Canadian Red Cross Professional Responder Certification in Basic Life Support (with Airway and Oxygen), First Responder OR Emergency Medical Responder
- Completion of Canadian Red Cross Fundamentals of Instruction Course
- Be at least 18 Years of Age
- 3 Years
- $750.00 + GST
|Professional Responder Instructor (Full Course) – Saturday/Sunday – December 10/11, 2022 – Surrey||Surrey Campus (8433 132 Street, Unit 208, Surrey, BC V3W 4N8)||
|Professional Responder Instructor (Full Course) – Saturday/Sunday – June 24/25, 2023 – Surrey||Surrey Campus (8433 132 Street, Unit 208, Surrey, BC V3W 4N8)||